End extreme poverty. Fight inequality and injustice. Fix climate change. In just 17 steps. Over the course of 15 years.
Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is 17 aspirational “Global Goals,” which are also referred to as the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). There are 169 targets identified within the framework of this ambitious agenda.
To look at the world through the lens of the Global Goals is a revelatory, heart warming , and hopeful experience.
Here are 17 victorious examples of accomplishments which champion the resilience and strength which is possible when we aim high.
- SDG1: . No Poverty.Over the past 30 years, global poverty has been reduced by over 50%
- SDG2: Zero Hunger. The level of hunger in developing countries as a group has fallen by 29 percent
- SDG3: Good Health and Well Being. WHO announces ‘shrinking map’ of infectious diseases
- SDG4: Quality Education. One small country races to top in world’s largest education test
- SDG5: Gender Equity. White House Announces New Commitments to the Equal Pay Pledge
- SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation. Standing Rock Water People Win Dakota Access Pipeline Battle`
- SDG7: Affordable and Clean Energy Electricity through #solar power now cheaper than fossil fuels
- SDG8: Decent Work and Economic Growth. The EU and Egypt to foster sustainable economic development in the country
- SDG9: Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure.
These 6 utopian cities of the future will help you re-imagine life on Earth
- SDG10: Reduced Inequalities. The ‘Internet of Things’ In Developing Countries
- SDG11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. C40 is the network of the world’s megacities committed to tackling climate change.
- SDG12: Responsible Consumption and Production. About 100% of Denmark is blown by the wind @Sustainable2050
- SDG13: Climate Action. 11 Cities Showing What Bold Climate Action Looks Like
- SDG14: Life Below Water. Mercury pollution in Atlantic seawater decreases
- SDG15: Life on Land. Elk return to former coal mining region in West Virginia for the first time in 141 years
- SDG16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions. San Francisco Votes to Support LGBTQ rights, religious freedoms, and racial, social, and economic justice
- SDG17: Partnerships for the Goals. US And Canada Legislate To Protect huge portions of Arctic, Atlantic from offshore drilling